The patent attorneys and attorneys-at-law
KARTHAUS combine longstanding excellent scientific, technological, and
legal expertise to provide full services for clients in intellectual
property related fields such as patents, trademarks and designs.
They are professional representatives before courts and intellectual
property authorities in prosecution, opposition or litigation cases, e.g.
at the German district courts, German Patent and Trademark Office, German
Federal Patent Court, German Federal Supreme Court, European Patent and
Trademark Office, WIPO, OMPI at Alicante and co-represent clients
worldwide with associated law firms.
Our range of service
Searches, description, filing and administration of
- German, European and international patents as well as
- Utility and design models
- German, community and international trademarks
- Domain names
Representation and counselling in
- Litigation in all intellectual property related matters, e.g.
- Infringements, preliminary injunctions
- Nullity and cancellation procedures
- Recordal assignment procedures
- License and cooperation contracts
- Secrecy agreements and restriction of know-how
- Exhibition seizures or preliminary injunctions by offical authorities
- German and European IP grants
- Unfair competition
- Copyright law
- Employee invention law and labor law
- Product liability law
- Commercial and civil law
Auditing and Opinions
- Intellectual property asset evaluation
- Due diligence reports covering intellectual property matters in M&A
Current fields of work
Automation systems and metrology, bioengineering and genetic
engineering, chemistry, electronics, electrical engineering, power
engineering, information and communication technology, food technology,
laser and optics, engine building, medical engineering, polymer processing
and engineering, nano and microsystem technology, pharmacy, environmental
engineering, chemical and process engineering, materials.